Dental Office Santa Ana, CA
We are a Santa Ana dental office and provide patients with the dental care they need to stay in excellent oral health. At Louis Cohen, DDS, we understand the importance of offering comprehensive dental services so that regardless of whether you need a general teeth cleaning or a full restoration, we have the solutions for a perfectly healthy and functioning smile. If you live in or around the Santa Ana area, we invite you to call (714) 547-9751 and schedule an appointment to meet Dr. Cohen and have your teeth examined.
Convenience for your Family
Understanding how busy life can be, we aim to make receiving dental care as easy as possible. Our dental office is located in Santa Ana, CA, and offers flexible appointment times. We will do everything in our power to ensure that you can visit our office without having to take time off work. If you have a small window or specific request, let our office staff know so that we can be as accommodating as possible. Likewise, if you have multiple people in your family, we can try to schedule your teeth cleanings for the same general time so that you only have to make one trip to the dentist office.
By keeping your teeth healthy and receiving teeth cleanings twice a year, you will decrease your risk of a cavity or infection. Still, accidents can often damage teeth and there is no way to plan for when an accident may happen. As such, if you crack a tooth or one falls out, give us a call. If it is after hours, we will return your call as quickly as possible so that you can be seen and treated right away.
In our dental office, we believe in the importance of patient education. We take the time to speak with each patient and discuss ways that they can improve their oral health. This may involve us demonstrating how to brush teeth correctly, floss or discuss dietary changes that can strengthen teeth. For example, many people do not know that acidic foods are bad for teeth and can directly lead to erosion and a loss of enamel. Simultaneously, diary products, nuts and crunchy vegetables can actually help to strengthen teeth and prevent cavities. These are the types of things that we discuss in our dental office so that patients can improve their oral health between visits. If you live in or around the Santa Ana area, we recommend that you schedule teeth cleanings for twice a year. When you do, feel free to discuss any concerns that you have and ask for tips for keeping your teeth and gums healthier.
Types of Dentistry
Dental offices throughout the country specialize in various types of dental work. We offer comprehensive dental care so that all of our patients' oral health concerns can be addressed from one location. This starts with performing routine dental examinations and teeth cleanings. Appointments like this are essential for keeping teeth and gums healthy in the long-run. During these exams, we will look for signs of cavities and gum disease then make treatment recommendations if we identify any problems. Once teeth are healthy and clean, we can discuss any cosmetic issues or problems that may be interfering with having a perfect smile. We have a variety of cosmetic dentistry solutions that can close gaps in between teeth, change the overall shape and size of teeth, straighten teeth, cover dark stains and more. This makes it possible for our patients to transform the appearance of their smile and improve their appearance at the same time.
For those that have a dental emergency and need a tooth repaired, we offer dental restorations as well. This may involve correcting a tooth that has been cracked or chipped. We can do so using dental veneers or a dental crown and make the restoration blend in with the surrounding teeth for a perfectly natural appearance. Once the restoration is complete, we will ensure that it is durable, strong, and the perfect fit so that the tooth will function properly as it once did. Patients will also appreciate that they can have their teeth repaired rather than having them pulled.
If a tooth does fall out due to an accident or infection, we can assist with that as well. In our Santa Ana dental office, we can replace missing teeth using a variety of methods. Some of the most common methods are removable dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants. While losing a tooth can be traumatic, it does not have to be permanent when working with Dr. Cohen.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Office Santa Ana
Dental offices have the advantage of using modern technology to improve dental care. The advancements in modern dentistry open up a world of possibilities. There is virtually no oral health or appearance concern that cannot be solved when treated quickly enough. Early detection and treatment are still important, but with ongoing care, patients have the option of keeping most of their teeth and having a beautiful smile as they age. Technology also makes it possible for us to perform dental work and attempt to keep patients comfortable.
We work as a team to keep patients throughout Santa Ana, CA in excellent oral health. We can restore damaged teeth and transform smiles. Our friendly office team provides an office environment where patients can feel at home. We understand that visiting a dental office, is not always an enjoyable experience, and we aim to change that. From the moment you schedule an appointment to when you wait in the lobby, have your dental work done, and receive your bill, we offer the highest level of patient care and customer service we can. At Louis Cohen, DDS, you can count on our team to be there when you need us.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Office